Monday, September 25, 2006

Fun! Fun! Fun!


This year was my first time teaching for Art Unraveled, what a great experience. I taught Encaustic Foil Collage and everyone produced beautiful pieces of art. Linda Young puts on a very well organized retreat, with a variety of great teachers and classes. I was lucky enough to take two classes from two great teachers. I layered in luxury with DJ Pettit and played hot wheels with Michael De Meng. Fun! Fun! Fun! Of course, I went straight to the studio to create more of the same, well, sort of the same... I made a crushed beer can shrine a la De Meng, honoring my brother David Rivero, the song writer, and singing cowboy, and a fabric book, using neckties from my best friend Phil Koliski, my dance partner who left us five years ago, and is now dancing "salsa" in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment