Saturday, September 23, 2006

An expression of gratitude


If you always do what you always did,
you will always get what you always got.
I don't know who coined the phrase, but I know they were talking to me.
I am a mixed media artist/instructor with some long waited thank you's to pass out.
Bill Arendt, my life drawing teacher, who paints as fine as the old master Peter Paul Rubens.
Lily Ham, who taught me that there is more to creating art than technique.
Virginia Cobb, for showing me how to freely paint from within.
Gerald Brommer, who taught me how to paint my first collage.
Jack Richeson, www.richesonart.com who gave me my first "good" brush, and who has been supportive ever since.
Also, my maternal grandmother who is responsible for my love of fibers. My father who wrote and played music without ever having had a lesson. And, my mother who could create anything from nothing.
This painting is an 18x24 watercolor, titled "Garden Rescue." Available for purchase.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know where I can locate Bill Arendt today? He was a good friend of my late husband and I own the pencil drawing Bill says was always his BEST.
    I'd like to meet him some day...
    Allene Avey
    widow of Gary Avey)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali...I found no way of contacting you with any information. send me your email address.

    Cory

    ReplyDelete