Wednesday, May 23, 2012

reliquario necklace


I finally finished some necklaces.  In the last three months while my brother was hospitalized, I would come home exhausted but could not sleep.  I found a thrift store garment that had heart patterns which I cut up and I started filling in the shapes with embroidery.  I randomly added one seed bead at a time, a sort of meditation for me..  I also added a metal reliquia of Saint Margaret and finished the necklace with recycled beads.


Eight days now since by brother passed.  I would like to say thank you to all the wonderful people who sent prayers, cards, and calls. 

3 comments:

  1. Cory this piece is just lovely. I don't know how you do it all and the intricate beading is just exquisite. I hope you are finding some peace through your work and I just know your brother is walking next to you each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a beautiful necklace, and such a powerful memory for that bittersweet time. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful necklace, Cory! Your work always amazes me! I find that working with my hands is very therapeutic. I have experienced that pain of losing someone dear...my prayers continue to be with you my friend. God heals and restores our spirit. Besos!

    ReplyDelete