Monday, May 14, 2012

midnight rainbow

David Rivero  1942 - 2012

Today I said farewell to my only brother, David Rivero.  David was a singer and songwriter in love with country music.  Not having had one music lesson in his life, he picked up a guitar one day, and just started playing, following the footsteps of our father.  His children now do the same.  He went on to write music, my favorite being "Midnight Rainbow".  That song among many, went to the top of the hit lists in Europe.  His music will live on, being that his songs have been contracted and will be sung by other artists.
He left behind a CD of songs called "Blood Line" in reference to our life journey.  He was honored with an award from the Arizona Writers Association for a song called "The Look", which we will hopefully see on the music charts soon.


I love you "mijo" and I will miss you so much.


5 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your great loss. May he rest in peace and you all find the love and comfort in his music. What a great gift to leave behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. My sympathies to the family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cory...I am so sorry to learn of your loss. I know you said your brother was ill but I truly hoped he would get better. He sounds a wonderful man and he left a beautiful legacy. I know he will always be with you all. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very sorry, Cory for the loss of your brother. My heart goes out to you! You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cory, I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother; to lose a sibling is always very difficult. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you in this time of sorrow.

    ReplyDelete