Wednesday, September 23, 2009

recycle reuse redesign

No....I did not do a painting of jeans. But, for almost three months, as I stayed home with a horrible cough, bug, who knows...I would look at the pile of jeans thinking I must get rid of them. Then I would think of my mother who could create anything from nothing, say to me, "use them to make something". So, with scissors in hand, I started cutting them up... along with scraps of painted canvas, buttons, thread, and who knows what. I started to create what is now a new line of Western Chic accessories, hand bags and jewelry that include denim and hand painted canvas. These are being well received....let's see what happens. Let's see how long my muse sticks around. You can view a few of these addictive items here on my Etsy Gallery....enjoy, feedback is always appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. G'day Cory
    Oh my you me and Zeb are having a hard time this year....yet thru it all there are the rainbows of colourful art poking thru.I'm sorry to hear of your loss and illness though.I'm glad you have started being creative again and I know I will adore whatever it is you make with your jeans.I ssssooo wish I could be there with you all in October at the ranch.I would love to be taught by you and hope joggles lets you do on line lessons soon.Thanks for taking the time to drop by my blog too
    BIG hug
    Annette In Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the denim, Cory. I'm glad to see these lovelies resurrected from denim scrap. Your etsy pieces are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better...like much what you are doing in the Etsy.

    Regards form NYC - will emai you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your jewelry. Sorry about the cough. I've had many many bouts with bronchitis and pneunomia 5 times. Take care. Advair helped me.

    I found your blog and email on the 2009 One World One Heart Giveaway site. After watching the movie Julie and Julia recently, I've decided to try and go through the ENTIRE OWOH list, from beginning to end, in 90 days and connect/reconnect with all the artists and blogs that truly inspire me! Your blog is amazing and really resonated with me!

    A bit about me. I'm a mystery writer, jewelry artist, and college professor. Yes, and a Gemini, if you couldn't tell! Here is my blog, where I blend my mystery writing and jewelry craft:
    www.thehousemysteries.type pad.com
    My first mystery Keeping House: A Madame President mystery just came out on Amazon.
    Take care and as Julia Child might say, "Bon Blogging!"
    Denise

    ReplyDelete